Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Band


Okay, proud mommy moment here. I went to my daughters first band concert on Monday night and it was so exciting! She is my oldest and I was very excited to get to see the work she had done. She has made so much progress from the beginning of the year. I think she is sounding pretty good. Anyway, I also need to acknowledge her band teacher...all elementary band teachers for that matter. He was so enthusiastic and proud of that little band. I don't know about you, but I'm not sure how they do it. I mean, really, the sound is well.....ummm....I don't know how to explain it really, but I think if I were the teacher I would need to invest in Ibuprofen. The thing is, I understand that they all have to start somewhere and that with practice, most of those kids will get pretty good. By high school they will probably be a joy to listen to. So kudos to the elementary band teachers of the world. Thank you for helping these kids have something to be proud of and feel good about!

1 comment:

TisforTonya said...

it takes an amazing person to listen to all of that... we don't have elementary band around here, but Middle School Orchestra is probably pretty close - those violins are pretty screechy for the first few months!